Friday, September 08, 2006

Tagged


Jordan tagged me (by email, the sneak!). Since I ignored a previous tag, and since he did it so personally, I guess I must respond to this one. And now, intellinurse2b has, ever so nicely, asked the same:

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog’s content and look?
Not entirely. I wanted to have a particular picture be the title part of the blog. I see that some blogger people have figured that out. I haven't. I switched from wordpress (where I easily did it) to blogger -- which seems to be the opposite direction of most -- because I thought a couple of other things were easier. Too late, now. Fact is, details aside, I'm amazed that anyone provides the service to do this, for free!

2) Does your family know about your blog?
Most of them. One, maybe, would rather not know. Lots do, and enjoy reading it. My wife has 8 siblings. We're close. They say nice things.

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I've let people know about it. If I had a lot of friends, I might not be blogging. (Said with wry smile, visible on close inspection.) I just told my oldest friend, Dougie, (since we were about three years old) about it and he was quite complimentary(Stlll call him Dougie. He's an old fart like me, astronomer, bearded, professorial but highly energetic.)

4)Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
I've always felt that any form of writing is good for the thought process. I think you don't really know what you think until you can write it down. Writing crystallizes thought, and gives it shape. It's a good thing in any form.

5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
Certainly those of commenters. And the commenters on theirs. And on theirs. And their blogrolls. It's never ending. Somebody make me stop!

6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
I have that map thingy. I love seeing the parts of the planet from which people visit. I think it's very cool. I don't get info more specific than that. And I think I may become obsessed over the daily numbers. Why down on a particular day? What did I do wrong?

7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
Here's a deal: I won't try to imagine you if you don't try to imagine me.

8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?

Quite honestly, I think some of my posts have been useful to other people, based on comments. So that's good. Of course, it's a very self-indulgent activity; it may be that the rest is just rationalization.

9) Do you think that blogger’s society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
Since blogging covers the whole spectrum (and maybe more of the spectrum than there actually is) I'd say it's a better reflection of what's real than reality itself. Yeah, that's it.

10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?
Blogically speaking, can't say yet. In life, criticism causes great sorrow; which is why being a surgeon wasn't an entirely perfect choice.

11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
There are several I visit regularly. I'm of two minds on their value: to the extent that they are echo-chambers, I think they just worsen the already horrible polarization of politics in the US. To the extent that they do what the MSM aren't doing (ie raising questions and pursuing answers), they are a good thing.

12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I plead ignorance.

13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
I'm close enough, age-wise, that this is probably a pretty good preview.

14) What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
I love music, of nearly all types. I just found a great online customizable radio station and I'm listening to it now. Jazz at the moment. Might switch to blues. On the other hand, I don't think I can pick a single song. I guess I'm a gourmand.

15) The next “victims”?
I think I need to be around longer before I can tag someone else.

PS: here's something amusing. As usual, I google image searched for an appropriate photo. One of the first that came up for "tag you're it" is the one I used, which happens to be my home-town minor league baseball team. In the background, on the fence, is an ad for the clinic in which I used to work for many many years (The Everett Clinic). Large world?

7 comments:

Dr. A said...

Great blogaholic answers. You need therapy, or you need to blog more. I do like the picture as well.

Intelinurse said...

Thanks a bunch doc. As I suspected they would be, your answers were great.

Anonymous said...

very fun to read through, thanks

ema said...

I won't try to imagine you if you don't try to imagine me.

Oh, but one simply cannot abstain when it comes to the preeminent member of SUC. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sid. I'm really enjoying your blog!!!

origin said...

As a man with a scientific bent to my mind, I'm always intrigued by coincidence. I wonder what the odds are that you would find such an appropriate and yet personally-connected photograph on first search. Hmm.

Cathy said...

These were really good answers Doc. I have that feeling about site meter also. I seem to check it more than I would like, and just like you said. I sometimes wonder "Oh what did I do now to run everyone off?"

I hope you're having a great weekend!

Sampler

Moving this post to the head of the list, I present a recently expanded sampling of what this blog has been about. Occasional rant aside, i...