Friday, August 07, 2009

Scam Alert




For months I've been getting spam comments linking to a website called "Findrxonline." I finally took the time to look at it, and find that it requires a monthly subscription which supposedly pays them to find you low-price meds from other websites. As if you couldn't do it yourself.

What a joke. I assume none of my readers is so dumb as to fall for it, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. An outfit that thinks leaving spam on blogs is a good business plan is surely one to avoid. There was another, recently, that responded to my complaint by apologizing. This one not only doesn't do that, but at least one of its email addresses bounces back.

Sigh. For all the beauty of the internet, there must be, it seems, a little ugly too.

3 comments:

Clinton said...

apparently, tossing the words "slaughter" and "bloodbath" in at the end of an email are enough to cut out any ads seen on the right side of a gmail message.

maybe the same google ad block rule works for blogs too....

http://lifehacker.com/5330642/massacre-gmail-ads-with-these-two-sentences-and-some-tragic-words

#1 Dinosaur said...

I've gotten dozens of those comments. I always delete them immediately, if not sooner.

word verification = "catica" = my house

Unknown said...

please report all scams at http://www.allscamsforum.com

Sampler

Moving this post to the head of the list, I present a recently expanded sampling of what this blog has been about. Occasional rant aside, i...